Successful exploitation of ICT is based on understanding the challenges of the business and aligning resources and initiatives to an organisation’s mission and objectives. In order for this alignment to be achieved, a clear strategy should be formulated based on current IT options as well as on future ICT trends, while taking into consideration the organisation’s resource capabilities (both human and financial). According to the maturity of an organization, an ICT strategy could also include an ICT transformation initiative, in order to change not only the way information systems and infrastructures are procured, utilised, and managed, but also the overall culture around the role of ICT.
In order to achieve a successful ICT transformation, previous perceptions of ICT as being nothing more than a help desk and a technology custodian should be eliminated. Instead, ICT staff should be inspired and motivated to participate in a service-oriented culture. Our experience has taught us that there are three major objectives to reposition ICT and transform an organisation:
- Consolidate to drive enterprise visibility and standardization.
- Implement IT solutions which are intuitive, approachable and user-friendly.
- Automate processes to accelerate IT responsiveness and innovation.
PLANET, together with its strong network of partners, provides a range of services both for Government and for privately held organisations in the area of ICT strategy formulation and implementation support. This which can include consolidating fragmented IT systems, leveraging new sourcing models like cloud, automating business processes and offering line people an intuitive set of self-service IT services to get what they need to do their job. Based on the significant experience gained through numerous consulting engagements, PLANET is able to provide the following services to its clients, either combined or individually:
- E-government strategy formulation and provision of implementation support services.
- Development of a Government Interoperability Framework (e-gif).
- ICT Master Planning: Current and future state modelling, gap analysis and action plan(s) development.
- ICT procurement strategy formulation.
- ICT systems audit, including procurement, process & technology audit.
- Plan and support the implementation of an IT Service Management initiative, based on widely adopted standards and methodologies.
- IT enabled re-engineering: Business process improvement based on IT supported automation and control of processes.
- Re-organisation of IT organisational structures and/ or introduction of IT standards.
- Rationalisation of ICT budget and resources through ICT consolidation and/or cloud strategies adoption.