The preparatory stage of infrastructure projects is critical, mainly involving assessment of their potential contribution at the sectorial/geographical level, the preferable construction method, and operation/ maintenance requirements. Those aspects are typically addressed through a range of studies (frequently accompanied by respective advisory services to project owners or beneficiaries), most notably comprising:
- Project identification and definition studies.
- (Pre)Feasibility studies, including where necessary visual reconnaissance or other field tasks (site studies).
- Techno-economic studies such as Cost-Benefit Analysis or other financial/ socio-economic analyses, which may also include financial affordability and planning, environmental, social or regional impact assessment, etc.
- Preparatory technical studies in the sector of Transport & Buildings, such as preliminary traffic/ signage/parking studies/ conceptual or preliminary architectural design.
- Geotechnical studies or other necessary technical studies for obtaining the required permits for project construction.
- Master planning of terminals, major multi-use public buildings and other facilities.
- Preparatory technical studies in the sector of Urban Planning, Real Estate & Cadastre Development, such as land-use/town planning studies, technical due diligence for property development, market research/ forecasts in the real estate context, land parcel identification systems, etc.
- Preparatory technical studies in the domain of Energy & Environment, such as Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA), Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and conceptual design of energy or wastewater treatment plants.
- Preparation of Project Application for EU co-financing.
- Various special studies, such as ITS applications at system/mode level, policy harmonisation (e.g. with EU Acquis or similar), research projects in logistics or road safety, etc.
Our integrated approach ensures that all critical aspects, from constructability to compliance with legislative/ environmental/ budgetary constraints, are taken into consideration in order to yield meaningful projects of comprehensive use and value to their end users. To this end, we service our clients in the definition, preparation, maturation and funding of transport, civil, energy and environmental infrastructure projects.
Our top-notch professionals, when needed, are coupled with specialised international and local collaborators from leading or market niche firms, as well as with design experts over a wide range of specialties in order to provide additional spot-on expertise in critical policy/ implementation/ management matters or other specific issues.