Programme, Project & Contract Management (PPCM) is the cornerstone and integrator of our engineering consulting services. PLANET possesses a long track record in providing integrated solutions for managing all types of programmes, from a single project to multi-project programmes. As reflected in the range of Infrastructure Development Services, we manage projects (single or multiple/concurrent) from initiation, planning, design and procurement, through construction, commissioning and closure. In addition, we offer consulting services that help our Clients improve their maturity and enhance their capabilities in PPCM (e.g. development of PM systems, procedures and tools, establishment of PMO, training, etc.).
Programme Management plays a significant role in ensuring that all of a Company’s or Programme’s projects are aligned with its strategic vision and objectives, and meet operational, cost, budget, and time-related targets. The programme management services we offer mainly include:
- Development of procedures, systems and tools for Programme/Portfolio Management, based on internationally accredited methodologies and industry best practices.
- Design and establishment of a Programme Management Office (PMO) or/and an Enterprise PMO.
- Staffing and operation of a PMO.
- Programme planning, including the establishment of performance indicators.
- Programme risk assessment and management.
- Programme monitoring and reporting.
- Programme evaluation and revision.
Apart from the important role of Project Management in ensuring successful project implementation (i.e. completing projects on scope, on time, in budget and with the desired quality), building a strong project management discipline has recently become a high priority for companies. Implementation of proper project management practices across an organization catalyses the creation of a strategic value chain and further enhances competitive advantages. The project management services we offer mainly include:
- Development of procedures, systems and tools for Project Management based on internationally recognised methodologies and industry best practices.
- Training in project management.
- Design and establishment of a Project Management Office (PMO).
- Staffing and operation of a PMO.
- Project Scheduling and Tracking.
- Resource Planning and Management.
- Cost Planning and Control.
- Establishment and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Progress Monitoring & Reporting.
- Quality Management.
- Acceptance Management.
- Issue & Risk Management.
- Change Management.
- Stakeholders & Communication Management.
As the majority of projects are implemented through the award of respective contracts by the owners or beneficiaries to external economic operators, the process of Contract Management is crucial for drawing the most value from each procurement, ensuring that the project is properly supervised from a technical and administrative point of view and that the contract is properly executed in a timely manner. Contract management services are usually offered as accompanying services to procurement and project management consulting. The services we offer mainly include:
- Monitoring of the contractor’s performance against his/her contractual obligations.
- Support of the acceptance/approval process of reports and deliverables.
- Management reporting for contract implementation status.
- Handling of change requests and support in contract modifications.
- Assistance in claims management.
- Inspection of invoices and supervision of payments procedure.
- Management of contract documentation.
- Support of the dispute resolution process.
- Support of the contract closure process.