PLANET S.A., as consortium leader, is preparing an offer for an EU funded project with the title “Technical Assistance to ECOWAS for the Implementation of the 10th EDF Transport Facilitation Project II (TFP II)” in West Africa (Nigeria/Benin/Togo/Ghana) and the purpose of this TA operation is to provide Support for the operationalization of the Joint Border Posts (JPBs) of Seme and Noepe through the completion of works, procuring and installation of equipment and the support to the effective performance of the JPBs, Support for the planning and management of road infrastructures to improve regional road corridors through the strengthening and implementation of a Road Information System (RIS) and the Establishment of a Regional Transport Observatory (RTO), Support to a more efficient transport system along the corridors, specifically reduction of abnormal practices, more competitive harbours, more efficient customs and a more modern road transport industry.
In this context, PLANET S.A. is looking for a qualified expert for the Key Expert 3: IT Specialist position (175 working days to be allocated from May 2017 till August 2019 in West Africa (Nigeria/Benin/Togo/Ghana)) with the following qualifications:
Qualification and skills:
• A Master’s degree in fields of study relevant to the tasks such as in transportation, economics, engineering, technology, ICT or management solutions. In the alternative a Bachelor’s degree in any relevant, related discipline with at least 10 years of experience in IT projects.
• The expert must be fluent in English or French with a working knowledge of the other.
General professional experience:
• At least 5 years (five) experience in ICT equipment identification and installation.
• At least 3 (three) years of previous experience in preparing/assessing technical/financial studies related to preparation or/and implementation of services, works, supplies to equip a public administration or similarly sized body.
Specific professional experience:
• 3 (three) years of experience in EU funded projects/programmes will be an advantage.
• 1 (one) year of experience in African, Caribbean or Pacific funded projects as IT expert.
• Experience in sub-Saharan Africa.
• Experience in at least 1 (one) project using EDF procedures will be an advantage.
All interested, available and qualified professionals (fully covering the above requested qualifications) are kindly asked to forward their updated CV (tailored as much as possible to the requirements aforementioned) along with their expected remuneration at firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Mr. Panagiotis Panotopoulos.